PHSE is the study of physical, social and health education including relationships and health. The aim of PHSE is to give young people the information needed to develop healthy, nurturing relationships of all kind and to learn to respect themselves and others.
At St Michael's PHSE aims to promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and of society and prepare pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life so they can be good citizens.
A good citizen is somebody who shows tolerance towards individual liberty by respecting and celebrating the differences of others in their community. A good citizen also shows love, compassion and consideration towards their peers by being kind and helpful to those in need.
If you have any further questions regarding this subject, please speak to Miss Rebecca Jones who is our PHSE Subject Champion.
Please see the video below explaining our PHSE curriculum at St Michael's.
Calm Me Time
- EYFS KS1 Bridge PHSE
- Jigsaw Information Leaflet
- Jigsaw LGBTQ Information Leaflet
- Letter to Withdraw from Non Mandatory Sex Education Lesson
- PHSE Curriculum Map
- PHSE Curriculum Overview
- PHSE Parent Consultation Presentation
- PHSE Parent Q A Presentation
- PHSE Subject Overview 2021 2022
- PSHE Long Term Plan 2021 2022
- PSHE Progression Document